COVID-19 Pandemic: Resilience Measures from Romanian SMEs.
In business, a company's resilience is its ability to cope with a catastrophic event, such as an economic crisis, a financial crisis, or a pandemic. However, there is a lot of confusion in the business world about what resilience means, how it can be built or developed, and how it can be assesed, especially during a difficult time of crisis. In this article, we want to define the term resilience, but also the way companies fight, the crisis with psychological and business techniques in an increasingly competitive environment.
- Butucaru, R., Nistor, H., 2020. Business continuity and resilience measures through COVID-19. Available at: https://content.sciendo.com/view/journals/mmcks/15/s1/article-p439.xml?language=en., (accessed February 2021)
- EC, Shaping Europe’s digital future. The case of Romania, 2020. Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/scoreboard/romania (accessed January 2021)
- Eurofound, 2020. Regulations to address work–life balance in digital flexible working arrangements. Available at: https://www.eurofound.europa.eu/sites/ default/files/ef_publication/field_ef_document/ef19046en.pdf (accessed January 2021)
- International Labour Organization, 2020. Cooperatives and wider SSE enterprises respond to COVID-19 disruptions, and government measures are being put in place. Available at: https://www.ilo.org/global/topics/cooperatives/news/WCMS _740254/lang--en/index.htm. (accessed January 2021)
- KeysFin Macro, Romania Macro Analysis, Resilience of the business environment, 2020. Available at: https://www.keysfin.com/EN/#!/Pages/News/NewsDetails&title=companiile-romanesti-nu-se-inchid-dar-in-medie-fiecare-functioneaza-cu-un-angajat-in-minus., (accessed January 2021)
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, OECD, 2020. A systemic resilience approach to dealing with COVID-19 and future shocks. Available at: https://read.oecd-ilibrary.org/view/?ref=131_131917-kpfefrdfnx&title=A-Systemic-Resilience-Approach-to-dealing-with-Covid-19-and-future-shocks. (accessed February 2021).
- Report on public policies on SMEs digitalization identified for improvement and examples of local good practice. 2020. Available at: https://www.oirbi.ro/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/40Ready_Raport-OIR_EN.pdf., (accessed February 2021)
- Resilient Europe. Societal Challenge 6: Europe in a changing world – inclusive, innovative and reflective societies, Available at: https://ec.europa.eu/programmes/horizon2020/sites/horizon2020/files/SC6-Advisory-Group%20report%20for%202016-2017.pdf (accessed February 2021)
- Romania launched National Plan for economic recovery, ECoC-SME. 2020. Available at: https://www.interregeurope.eu/ecoc-sme/news/news-article/9345/romania-launched-national-plan-for-economic-recovery/., (accessed February 2021)
- Romania's SMEs resilience in crisis times, Friedrich Naumann Foundation, 2020. Available at: https://www.freiheit.org/romania-and-republic-moldova/smes-resilience-crisis-times (accessed January 2021)
- Rodica, Ganciu & Doina, Stanciulescu & Emilia, Pipera & Alexandra, Neghina & Barbu, Andreea & Manescu, Valentin & Militaru, Gheorghe. 2019. Business process digitization: empirical findings of small and medium-sized enterprises from Romania. Available at: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/340262274_Business_process_digitization_empirical_findings_of_small_and_medium-sized_enterprises_from_Romania., (accessed January 2021)
- Vodafone Public Policy Paper September 2020, SME Digitalisation – charting a course towards resilience and recovery, available at: https://www.vodafone.com/content/dam/vodcom/files/vdf_files_2020/pdfs/sme-digitalisation.pdf., (accessed January 2021)
Copyright (c) 2021 George Bucăța, Florin Popescu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The author fully assumes the content originality and the holograph signature makes him responsible in case of trial.