General Considerations Regarding Management Accounting, Costs and their Classification
Abstract. Modern trends in the integration of the Republic of Moldova into the European space show the need to harmonize internal accounting with the provisions of the European Union Directives and International Financial Reporting Standards. This also applies to cost accounting, which, being an integral part of the accounting system, must provide prompt and useful information in the decision-making process, starting with the composition of costs and ending with the preparation of management reports. The nominated information is used by a wide range of users to justify management decisions to determine the types of products (works, services) that will be produced (performed, provided) in the future or the production or delivery of which must be suspended, budgeting of production volumes and the results of the work of responsibility centers, as well as making decisions based on profit criteria. This indicates that the study of the methodology and practice of cost accounting, as well as the establishment of priority directions for their improvement are relevant and important both in theoretical and applied terms, which determined the purpose of the study in this article.
1. Badicu G., Mihaila S., Avornic A. Managerial accounting. Chisinau: The Modern Teacher, 2015. 277 p.
2. Balan I., Burlea E. Explanatory dictionary of accounting terms. Chisinau: Tipogr. “Print-Caro”, 2019. 116 p.
3. Balan I., Frecauteanu A. Accounting of consumption and calculation of the cost of agricultural products (problems, concepts, directions of improvement). Chisinau: SAUM, 2005, 218 p.
4. Calin O. Management accounting and cost calculation. Bucharest: Atlas Press, 2003, 435 p.
5. Calin O., Man M., Nedelcu M. Managerial accounting. Bucharest: Didactic and Pedagogical Publishing House, 2008, 336 p.
6. Caraiani C. Management accounting and management control. Bucharest: InfoMega, 2005, 464 p.
7. Caraman S., Cusmaunsa R. Managerial accounting. Course notes. Chisinau: Tipografia Centrală, 2007, 188 p.
8. Colasse B., Lesage C., N. Camp Introduction to accounting, Tipo Moldova Publishing House, Iasi, 2011.
9. Managerial accounting: Practical-didactic guide / Group of authors: coordinator - Alexandru Nederita. Chisinau: ACAP, 2000, 264 p.
10. Contemporary issues on management accounting. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006, 447 p.
11. Deacon P. Managerial accounting and business plans. Bucharest: Economic Publishing House, 2006. 341 p.
12. Deacon P. In-depth managerial accounting. Bucharest: Economic Publishing House, 2003, 328 p.
13. Drury Colin. Cost [and] management accounting: an introduction. London: Thomson, 2003, 552 p.
14. Dumbrava P., Pop A. Management accounting in industry, Intelcredo Publishing House, Deva, 2011, p.142.
15. Dutescu A. Accounting information and capital markets. Bucharest: Economic Publishing House, 2000. 325 p.
16. Epuran M., Babaita V., Grosu C. Accounting and management control. Bucharest: Economic Publishing House, 1999. 407 p.
17. Garrison Ray H., Garrison Noreen Eric W., Brewer Peter. Managerial Accounting, McGraw-Hill-Irwin, 2009, 924 p.
18. Garrison Ray H., Noreen Eric W. Managerial accounting. Boston: McGraw-Hill, 2003, 838 p.
19. Hilton Ronald W., Maher Michael W. Cost management: strategies for business decisions. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2000, 936 p.
20. Horomnea E., Tabara N., Budugan D. et al. Introduction to accounting. Iaşi: TipoMoldova Publishing House, 2012, p. 17.
21. Ionescu L. Cost calculation methods. Bucharest: Romania of Tomorrow, 2002, 188 p.
22. Law on accounting and financial reporting. Nr. 287 of 15.12.2017. In: Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova. 2018, no. 1-6. http://lex.justice.md/md/373601/.
23. Lucey Terry. Costing. London: Thomson, 2004, 609 p.
24. Nederita A. Practical aspects regarding the calculation of the cost of manufactured products. In: Accounting and auditing. 2013, no. 8, pp. 57 - 63.
25. Nederita A., Panus V. Accounting of production costs according to the new regulations. In: Accounting and auditing. 2014, no. 8, pp. 38-51.
26. Nederita A., Panus V. Accounting of production costs. In: Accounting and auditing. 2012, no. 10, pp. 64 - 71.
27. Needles B., Anderson H. Caldwell J. Basic Principles of Accounting. Chisinau: ARC, 2000. 1240 p.
28. Ristea M., Dumitru C. Performance control and management based on standard costs. In: Management and accounting of the company. 2010, no. 6, pp. 24 - 39.
29. Ristea M., Possler L. Cost calculation and management. Bucharest: Teora, 2000, 390 p.
30. National Accounting Standards, approved by the Order of the Ministry of Finance. Nr. 118 from 06.08.2013. In: Official Gazette of the Republic of Moldova. 2013, no. 177-181. http://www.mf.gov.md/actnorm/contabil/lawcontabil.
31. Stratified N. Accounting of production consumption and determining the actual cost of production. Chisinau: CEP USM, 2007.
32. Turcanu V. Calculation of costs (didactic work). Chisinau: AESM, 2001, 115 p.
Copyright (c) 2021 tatiana chira
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The author fully assumes the content originality and the holograph signature makes him responsible in case of trial.