The Development of Hotel Tourism in Kosovo
Tourism is an economic activity which is oriented towards the use of tourism potentials. With the difficulties it had, the development of tourism in the Republic of Kosovo has gone through different phases and this development has occurred alongside the economic development of the country. Although the Republic of Kosovo has sufficient tourist potential, it still does not treat this activity in the right place for the economic development of the country. Its development will affect the increase of the gross domestic product. In this way it will be ranked in the deserved place in the economic development strategy of the country. Tourism in our country is not the most developed but it is less identified and less developed and it needs a lot to provide a national, state marketing, and to be organized by a state commission in order to develop and identify as ideal tourism to influence visits and attract local and foreign visitors.
2. Gashi, M. (1969). Tourist values in Kosovo, KSAK Regional Spatial Plan, Prishtina.
3. Kosovo Economic Memorandum, World Bank, (2004), Prishtina.
4. Reçica, F &Millaku, B. (2011). Tourism Economy, Prishtina.
5. Statistical Office of Kosovo, 2009-2019, Prishtina.
6. Strategy for Sustainable Agricultural and Rural Development in Kosovo, MAFRD, (2003), Prishtina.
7. Studies of the Office for Development and Planning of Kosovo (2019), Prishtina.
8. Tahiri, A. &Kovaçi, I. (2017). Management in Tourism: Theoretical Managerial Approach, Research Center, Peja.
9. Tooman, L. A. (1997). Tourism and Development, Journal of Travel Research, Vol. 35, No. 4, 33.
Copyright (c) 2020 Fari Bushi, Idriz Kovaçi, Alberta Tahiri
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The author fully assumes the content originality and the holograph signature makes him responsible in case of trial.